EasyRTC Demo: Instant Messaging + Rooms
Note: This is primarily an application new features going into EasyRTC. It's currently not written to be a tutorial, but it does demonstrate how to use various features like presence and room targeted messaging.
Optional room parameters
Adding api fields
Getting the list of room occupants
Fields from server
Name To Id
Testing the following EasyRTC Features:
- Authentication - If username is provided, it will be available to others to see.
- Define Rooms during Authentication - You can join rooms before you press 'Connect'.
- Default Rooms - If you join no rooms before you connect, you will join the default room.
- Messages to All In Room (targetRoom) - Type a message, then click on a room name to send it to everyone in the same room. When received, the other client will know it was sent to the room at large.
- Message to Individual In Room (targetRoom + targetEasyrtcid) - Type a message, then click on another client in a room to send it to just that person. That person will know it was sent directly to them, and that it was sent via a specific room.
- Presence - Your presence gets sent to all clients in rooms you share. DND=Do not disturb. XE=Extended Away. The status field can be any string.
- Delta Lists - After initial login, the client should only receive changes to who is online.